6.25.2015

Watercolor Portraits

In painting through this Celebrity Alphabet Challenge, I've come to thoroughly enjoy portraits. I'll admit, I'm stumbling through this and learning as I go. Remember, it's an illustration, not a realistic portrayal.

I think people's faces are fascinating, all the curves, wrinkles, shadows...and noses! The noses are the icing on the cake.

I thought I would share some progress shots of one portrait (this one, D for Daniel Radcliffe).






I've included my Alphabet list for future reference, but some I'm undecided about. Where there are 2 or 3 options, please let me know which ones you'd like to see! (Bold names are already completed.)

Anna Kendrick
Beyonce
Channing Tatum
Daniel Radcliffe
Emma Stone
Freida Pinto
Gwen Stafani
Hugh Jackman
Ian McKellen
Jennifer Lawrence / Jennifer Aniston
Kanye / Katy Perry / Kirsten Dunst / Kim Kardashian
Liev Schreiber / Liam Hemsworth
Miley Cyrus (FO SHO)
Natalie Portman
Olsen Twins / Olivia Wilde
Paul Bettany
Queen Latifah / Quentin Tarantino
Rihanna / Robin Williams
Ryan Reynolds
Sandra Bullok / Scarlett Johansson / Shia LaBeouf
Taylor Lautner / Taylor Swift (It's funny 'cause they dated. Ha!)
Usher (Still cool? Always.)
Vince Vaughn
Will Smith
X
Y (Obviously need some ideas for this one)
Zhang Ziyi / Zooey Deschanel / Zac Efron

Check back for more portraits!

No comments:

Post a Comment